Point Appertaining To Books The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1)
| Title | : | The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1) |
| Author | : | Joan Wolf |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 368 pages |
| Published | : | May 28th 2007 by Chicago Review Press (first published 1988) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Mythology. Arthurian. Fantasy. Fiction. Romance |
Joan Wolf
Paperback | Pages: 368 pages Rating: 4.01 | 1622 Users | 121 Reviews
Representaion Conducive To Books The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1)
The pageantry and passionate intrigues of King Arthur’s court are expertly re-created in this historical novel—the only Arthurian novel in which all of the central characters are portrayed as intrinsically good people. This realistic retelling of the legend shows Arthur severing the bonds of bastardy, vanquishing the Saxons, and loving one woman. As the daring teenage warrior prepares for the throne, he discovers true love with Morgan of Avalon, the youngest of Merlin’s daughters, but fate cruelly thwarts their hopes for a future together. Never before has a telling of the Arthur story made the breathtaking drama of this charismatic king more real or moving.
Specify Books In Pursuance Of The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1)
| Original Title: | The Road to Avalon |
| ISBN: | 155652658X (ISBN13: 9781556526589) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.joanwolf.com/page/backlist |
| Series: | Dark Ages of Britain #1 |
| Characters: | Morgan le Fay, King Arthur |
Rating Appertaining To Books The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1)
Ratings: 4.01 From 1622 Users | 121 ReviewsPiece Appertaining To Books The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain #1)
I haven't read this book in a long time and as a huge fan of Arthurian legends, I found it again re-organising my shelves a month or so ago and had to get it out again. I love how the book goes through the majority of Arthur's life and how he grows from a wary boy to the king of legend. This version of Arthur is a great king because he's a great leader and warrior, charismatic and loved by his people. It was easy to be involved in his relationship with Morgan, leaving the usualUgh why did I suffer through this book? I typically love all things Arthurian but as soon as this book took off into the land of mind reading and telepathic links I couldn't roll my eyes harder. Road to Avalon is a romantic historical fiction focusing on a pleasant love affair between King Arthur and Morgan (who we know as the evil Morgan le Fey). Of course, many of the character tropes that legend has attributed to the standard characters were lost in this retelling, with it being similar to
An absolutely gorgeous retelling of the Arthurian legends. I was enthralled from start to finish, and could hardly be convinced to put the book down once I'd started.(view spoiler)[There are so many renditions of the legends, most of them focusing on the tragic love of Gwenhwyfar and Bedwyr (Lancelot's older, traditional name), or some of the other characters of the stories. Wolf, however, returns to the center of all the legends, to the man who gave these legends his name -- Arthur. A

I'm obsessed with Arthurian legend. I can't find an arthurian legend book without wanting to pick it up. Morgana le fay, Arthur, Merlin, Guinevere, Nimueh, Lancelot. any of these character's names shows up and I have to get the book. It's rather unhealthy.I read this book a long time ago, but just had to read it again. My favorite relationship of the legend is that between Arthur and Morgana, but unfortunately most stories only focus on the hate and loathing, while I see them as the most tragic
I loved this book so much. In fact, I might say it's one of my favorites. This year I've been reading a lot of books having to do with Arthurian Legend. What makes this book stand out to me is how every single character is made out to be sympathetic, good, but with flaws that eventually lead to their downfalls. There is no one purely evil character. Gwenhwfer, Mordred, Morgan, they're all likable. Arthur/Morgan have this beautiful relationship too, one of the best portrayed. Another thing that
This was a real page-turner. The characters were all well fleshed out and I really enjoyed the variations on the story of the Arthurian legends. Arthur and Morgan were both especially well done, and I really felt for the character Mordred. It didn't take me long to storm through this book and it is an Arthurian retelling that I will revisit in future.
The Road to Avalon is a beautifully written version of the legendary Arthur and his journey from boyhood to king. It is a tale of love and loss, courage, sacrifice, and secrets .....heartbreaking at times as the young man Arthur struggles with his deep love for a woman he can never have and the weight of his destiny."Be the king you were born to be...."Loved this book -- a true gem from the past.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.