Download Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot For Free

Declare Appertaining To Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot

Title:How to Say Goodbye in Robot
Author:Natalie Standiford
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 288 pages
Published:October 1st 2009 by Scholastic Press
Categories:Young Adult. Contemporary. Fiction. Realistic Fiction. Romance. Teen
Download Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot  For Free
How to Say Goodbye in Robot Hardcover | Pages: 288 pages
Rating: 3.83 | 8367 Users | 1043 Reviews

Narration Concering Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot

From bestselling author Natalie Standiford, an amazing, touching story of two friends navigating the dark waters of their senior year.

New to town, Beatrice is expecting her new best friend to be one of the girls she meets on the first day. But instead, the alphabet conspires to seat her next to Jonah, aka Ghost Boy, a quiet loner who hasn't made a new friend since third grade. Something about him, though, gets to Bea, and soon they form an unexpected friendship. It's not romance, exactly - but it's definitely love. Still, Bea can't quite dispel Jonah's gloom and doom - and as she finds out his family history, she understands why. Can Bea help Jonah? Or is he destined to vanish?

Point Books To How to Say Goodbye in Robot

Original Title: How to Say Goodbye in Robot
ISBN: 0545107083 (ISBN13: 9780545107082)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Baltimore, Maryland(United States)
Literary Awards: Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) for Best Young Adult Novel (2009), Cybils Award Nominee for Young Adult Fiction (2009)


Rating Appertaining To Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot
Ratings: 3.83 From 8367 Users | 1043 Reviews

Weigh Up Appertaining To Books How to Say Goodbye in Robot
I really loved "How to Say Goodbye in Robot" by Natalie Standiford because it was so unlike other YA fiction that's out there. I thought it was refreshing that the friendship between Beatrice (the protagonist) and Jonah never turned into something romantic (so cliché and overdone). I usually hate quirky characters (because of John Green's novels, sorry, Green fans) but Beatrice was delightfully odd. Beatrice is unfairly criticized by her kooky mom for being emotionless (like a robot) when she's

This is the third Natalie Standiford book I've read, and I believe it was her debut. I enjoy her writing style - it's direct and concise, like the journalist that she is. She also writes about quirky things and quirky characters, which I also list. But I felt like I just didn't connect with this book - even though the concept of platonic friends and self-discovery is one I usually like.A big part of this was the characters - while they were well-developed and authentic, I personally didn't have

How to Say Goodbye in Robot is the book that broke my heart. And by broke it, I mean, I haven't smiled or felt so much or cried so hard since I read Hold Still by Nina LaCour. I couldn't stop reading it until I'd finished it at two in the morning and then I couldn't sleep afterwards because I was thinking about it so much. That's not to say that my heart is a particularly fragile affair, but it a heart that isn't too easy to sway. So when a book takes it and gives it a big, hard squeeze, I feel

This book revolves around Beatrice's intense, demanding relationship with Jonah. They're not exactly dating, and their relationship is too emotionally loaded to call it simply friendship. Not that it's a great relationship. Jonah is codependent and demanding, and can lash out at Bea for things that aren't her fault. But he makes her feel special and understood when others don't. I have to give Standiford a lot of credit for writing this relationship realistically, without making Jonah a villain

I finished reading the last page.Closed the book.Got mad & felt sad. Then got mad for feeling sad.Bea (Robot Girl) & Jonah (Ghost Boy) both were sweet, quirky (in a good way), innocent & naïve, being the way they were. Weaving stories, giving imaginary places names, meaningless things meaning, making the whole story cozy & colorful. Which is why I wanted to read it in the first place. The book even has a few colored pages (black, pink, blue), which makes it stand out even more

What a sad, depressing, even obscene book. I don't know why Scholastic--of all entities--published this, or even how they got away with publishing this. For starters, the main characters (who are 17-18 year old high schoolers) explicitly swear (even the F-word several times), smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, and watch obscene movies. Peripheral characters also smoke marijuana. All of these happen repeatedly, and none of it is met with any consequences from either the adults or the narrative.

brutally honest and absolutely beautiful. I never read anything like this and I couldn't put the book down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.